The History of the Creeger House is older than you would guess, as the Victorian style brick house was actually built in 1876 built around a smaller log house that dates back to the 1820s. The original house was built and lived in by Daniel Rouzer, grandfather of Col. John R. Rouzer who later bought the house after returning to Thurmont as a hero from the Civil War. Col. Rouzer was very active in the Thurmont Community, serving for 45 years as the Trustee of the Thurmont Schools, 6 years as Resister of Wills for Frederick County, and serving as Director of the local Bank, Water company, and other civic enterprises. Following his death, the house passed into a nine year residency by retired farmer, Walter Dorsey and his family. In 1926, the house was sold to Edwin Creeger, who was the local Chevrolet Dealer at the time. Edwin Creeger Jr., the only son of the Creeger family, lost his life during World War II and was the first casualty from Thurmont. After the death of Edwin Creeger Sr. in 1971, Ethel Creeger never returned to the house and donated it to the Thurmont Historical Society in 1990. The Thurmont Historical Society maintains the house to this day, using it as a living museum to house the artifacts and stories of Thurmont.